3 Major Perks of Moving Your Officer Schedules Online
How do you access your schedule outside of the department? What about when there are call offs and you need shifts filled? Maybe you call, email, text different people in the department... one at a time. But then once the shift is filled, does anyone know?
Communication is so important in any organization. Accessing a real time view of the department schedule at all times can reduce staffing errors, save overtime costs, and improve employee satisfaction.
So what are 3 perks of online scheduling that your police officers (and you) will enjoy?
- Access a real time schedule
- Request time off
- Submit overtime
... From anywhere!
1. Access a real time schedule from anywhere
Officers can be in their patrol cars, at home, on vacation - and have visibility to their work schedule.
This is beneficial because officers will know things like:
- when there are open shifts
- who will be working during their shift
- who is scheduled for court
- if there are any courses they need to complete
- if they have any shift trade requests
Communication is key in any organization. With everyone on the same page, there is less room for error.
2. Request time off from anywhere
Officers can see all their balances and request time from wherever they are. Benefits include:
- Requesting time off from home, work, or even vacation
- You will know immediately after submission, the days the officer is requesting instead of waiting for their next day of work
- You can see exactly how much time off they have left for the year
- When approving time off you can see all the warnings and make sure the time off will not create any issues
3. Submit overtime from anywhere
When an officer submits overtime, you will get an alert. Once approved those hours will either get multiplied and go into their comp bank or go into payroll.
- Officers submit hours on the job, at the station, or at home
- Approve overtime hours from anywhere and notify the officer of the outcome
- Let the system automatically place the hours where they go - either in officers comp bank or payroll
Moving your schedule online is beneficial in so many ways. It allows your department to stay efficient and up-to-date at all times.
Wondering how to learn more about the online officer scheduling system, PlanIt?
Request a demonstration today!
- How Much Does Police Scheduling Software Cost?
- Veterans Day Interview: A Look Into the Life of a Former Marine
- 3 Types of 10 Hour Shift Schedules to Cover Round the Clock
PlanIt Police is an online scheduling system for police departments. PlanIt is developed by Ragnasoft, Inc which has specialized in public safety scheduling solutions for over 10 years.
Lancaster, PA 17604